1. What we collect and how we collect it
General: What we collect
- Contact name and details
- Payment and transaction information including type, bank and credit card details etc
- Delivery address or collection details
- We may request your size details, in order to provide you with correct fit of garments.
- Website and technical information ie browser, websites visited, IP address, user and system preferences, device type etc
- Transaction information; product, services and activity details of purchases, preferences and interactions
- Your birthday (DD/MM) for birthday gifts
Information is automatically collected through your use of the Balaquin website and electronic communications, through cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites or Apps may place on your computer or device. Generally, cookies are used to recognise repeat users of websites and remember user preferences. We may collect this information both anonymously and in relation to user accounts. Cookies are also used to allow the website to gain statistical information about your usage behaviour and aggregate data to allow Balaquin to customise a user's experience on their websites. The information is used and disclosed by Balaquin for purposes including statistical analysis and to assist Balaquin to improve the functionality and usability of the website.
2. Why we collect personal information
- to improve our service operations to enhance your customer experience
- to manage and work with our service providers to fulfil your request for products and services such as processing transactions and payments, delivering products and services, providing refunds and discounts
- to register and service your account
- to communicate with you and perform research and statistical analysis, such as customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes, tailor products and promotional offers to you, usage behaviour and user experience for online and digital platforms to improve functionality and usability.
- to conduct investigative, fraud and loss prevention activities to protect Balaquin’s interests including protection of our staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- to respond to your query, feedback or concerns
- responding to and interacting with regulatory bodies and relevant government agencies
- general planning and administration, and as other required or permitted by law
- We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
3. Direct marketing, tech advertising and opting out
- contacting our Customer Service team by email: email@example.com
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages
- Contacting our privacy officer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by writing to the Privacy Officer; PO Box 527, Woodgate Qld, Australia 4660
- Unsubscribing from direct marketing emails does not remove your purchase history and information from our website CMS. You can remove all your personal information stored with us by emailing email@example.com
4. Sharing your personal information
- shipping and warehousing partners
- our loyalty program partners, suppliers and service providers
- approved technology services including application and systems, cloud computing facilities, development and technical support, processing, storing, hosting, research and to analyse data
- business advisors, including lawyers, accountants, insurance, recruitment advisors and agencies, auditors or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required
- regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with applicable laws or respond to valid legal process such as a search warrant, a court order or a subpoena and fraud management
- Some of our trusted service providers such as technology or data storage providers may be located outside of Australia including Italy, Vietnam, India, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Balaquin
5. Protection of personal information
6. Access and Correction
If you would access to personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information subject to some exceptions permitted by law. When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve the information. We may ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make, this includes providing us satisfactory proof of identity as determined by us. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act or will contact you directly to seek your permission.
We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
You should ensure that all personal information submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. A record of the changes made to your personal information may be noted in your account or filing. You acknowledge that there may be circumstances where Balaquin is entitled to assume such accuracy and completeness and reserves the right to not correct personal information, where permitted under relevant laws.
7. Complaints or Questions
8. Updates to this Policy
100% Natural Fibre
Handmade in Vietnam
Designed in Australia